Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Maestro Classics

"Through wondrous new recordings, innovative educational and performance materials, and uplifting live performances, Maestro Classics guides audiences as they expand their listening horizons and discover the magic that can only be called music."

My family had an awesome review opportunity when Maestro Classics sent us a copy of The Tortoise and the Hare. We love listening to stories, and especially those that have exciting sound effects, and terrific narrators.

With music performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, and story narrated by Yadu, Bonnie Ward Simon's adaptation of The Tortoise and the Hare was stunning! I popped the CD into the CD player at nap time. The children laid on their mats listening raptly to The Tortoise and the Hare. Later, we enjoyed listening and singing along with the Pretzel Vendor of Paris song. Babybug (11 months), Babyman (2) and Little A (2 1/2) loved dancing to the music! The lyrics and sheet music are included with the CD!
The accompanying booklet also contains photos of the orchestra instruments (which are described in detail by the composer on the CD), a mini music notes & time signatures lesson, interesting info about turtles, tortoises, rabbits and hares and a couple of paper/pencil games.

Maestro Classics has done an amazing job combining my three loves: music, education and storybooks! They have turned classic stories into exciting musical works of art. I am sure we will be enjoying Maestro Classics for years to come!

Please take a glance at Maestro Classics' website, where you can buy products, listen to samples, and even find coordinating lesson plans! You can purchase The Tortoise and the Hare for $16.98. There are several other story choices, as well; and you can purchase a gift set!
Enjoy reading other reviews by clicking the banner below.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Gingerbread Mommy! That was also a very well written and well rounded review! I bet the little ones really enjoyed all of the effects in the music and voices, too.

    I love your layout and fun design on your blog. I cannot figure out how to customize mine whatsoever! I am just using one of the blogspot templates. Are you a computer genius?

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, Heather, I am in no way a computer genius! Look how long it took me to reply to you. I have a few websites that I use for my templates, my favorite is The Cutest Blog on the Block. Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gingerbread Mommy!!

    This is a belated thanks for the wonderful review of our Tortoise and the Hare CD. I just wanted to let you know that since you reviewed our CD we've made a Facebook page so that our fans can participate in monthly giveaways (we have a big one coming up for the full 8 CD set!) and get coupons. We'd love to invite you and your readers to join our page or check out our new free homeschool music curriculum guides and thanks again for the lovely review!

    Ruth
    Maestro Classics

    ReplyDelete


What I Write About