Sunday, January 31, 2010

factsfirst

factsfirst is a personalized online math program that "...builds a child's confidence and helps develop instant recall of basic facts..." As part of my review period for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, I was given a free trial subscription to factsfirst.



After creating a character, my boys' favorite part, (and I must say my character turned out pretty cute too!) we proceeded to the lessons. Within those units, there are more than 360 activities that teach, encourage and challenge our growing knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Following each lesson, we had the opportunity to play games in the arcade for five minutes. Through colorful graphics, and fun sound effects, the games reinforce what we've just learned.
Through the Math Matrix, we can see how well we've done so far, and where we need to work some more.

My family loves factsfirst. The program was very engaging. Our growing interest in math has been increased since using factsfirst. It's been fun for our whole family; even Mommy! If I could make one suggestion to the company, it would be to add a preschool/kindergarten section. Middleman (just turned five) enjoys watching the lessons and playing the games, but gets a bit frustrated when he cannot give correct answers every time!

Don't just take my word for it. Check out what other reviewers have to say!

factsfirst offers a free demo on their website. I would recommend checking it out! For a one year household license, which covers four children, you'll pay $49.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment


What I Write About