Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Artistic Pursuits

Artistic Pursuits..... ahhhh what a breath of fresh air for my homeschool. I have neither reviewed an art program, nor used an art curriculum in my homeschool. Being the creative teacher that I am, I've never had a shortage of ideas for art. Some ideas have been my own, some learned through teaching preschool in the past, some gleaned from the numerous online websites.

Artistic Pursuits is an "award winning homeschool art program..." that "encourages students to observe the world around them and choose their own subjects." I reviewed Book Two for grades K-3, Stories of Artists and Their Art. It "focuses on unique projects, which give students opportunities to make original works of art."

Through creative fictional stories and art activities, my students have the opportunity to learn about Cimabue, Giotto, Limbourg, Van Eyck, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Anguissola, Durer, Bruegel, Parmigianino, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Fragonard, Turner and Millet. They have created scratch art, frescoes, watercolor paintings, sculptures and carvings. This curriculum has been as much of a learning experience for teacher-mama as for my students!
Take a look at a sample lesson here. You can purchase Artistic Pursuits Grades K-3 Book Two for $42.95. You can read about what other reviewers had to say about Artistic Pursuits here.
I received no compensation for my review of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment


What I Write About