Saturday, August 7, 2010

I breastfed, did you?

If I advocate anything wholeheartedly, it is breastfeeding. Unpopular in my state, recently in the news down the road from where I live, moms are being banned to restaurant bathrooms to feed their babies the way they should be fed. The more we breastfeed our babies in public, and the more people see it, the more they will realize it's what's best. Breastfeeding is natural, beautiful, and the only way I would choose to feed my little guys.

Here's a video that was made for August, National Breastfeeding Month. Maybe the choice of wording isn't what you or I might use, but the message is important.

Video: "Breastfeeding Doesn't Suck!" Celeb PSA

Pass it on!

2 comments:

  1. I did breastfeed, until DD selfed weened at 2 and 3/4. It was the best thing I could have done for both of us. I wished it was not so stigmitized, I feel it would be so much easier for women to keep with it, if our society accepted it as normal and a part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breastfeeding is so vital. I am saddened that many don't feel so. Thanks for sharing.

    Came over from THL. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete


What I Write About