Friday, July 10, 2009

Thanks to my friend, Marie, I have discovered a new author. I enjoy her works so much, that for today's post, I'm going to quote from my latest book reading, Julia's Last Hope. The main character, Julia is talking about marriage and her teenage daughters. I loved this quote, because it is close to home. " You know, Hettie, if my girls don't have all the nice things- if they have to rough it just a bit with- with the man each chooses to marry, I won't feel sorry for them. If they really love each other- if they work together to make a home- even a small, simple place that is their own little haven- if they care enough to seek the happiness of each other- then I will consider them blessed."

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love Janette Oke! She is an author that I have come back to many times over the years! But, I'm a sucker for the prairie. I grew up a Little House girl!
    Enjoy!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete


What I Write About